Coconut Honey Cheesecake(Vegan)
Makes 1 small cheesecake.
1 1/2 cups pitted medjool date
1 1/2 cups walnuts
3 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
1/2 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 1/4 cup coconut milk
1 cup honey
scrapings of one vanilla bean
- Soak cashews overnight. Drain.
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Put dates in food processor, run until a paste is formed.
- Remove dates from processor, and set aside.
- Put walnuts in processor(no need to wash between), and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add date paste back in with walnuts, and pulse until the mixture sticks together to form a ball.
- Press mixture into the bottom of your springform pan, making it as even as possible.
- Place springform in freezer.
- Put cashews, lemon, coconut oil, coconut milk, honey, and vanilla bean scrapings into blender and process until very smooth in texture.
- Pour filling into the springform pan over your crust.
- Tap pan a few times to encourages any air bubbles to escape.
- Freeze cheesecake for 3-5 hours, or overnight.
- Thaw for 10-15 minutes before enjoying.
- Top with more honey, and fresh fruit.
This cheesecake should be kept in the freezer. I cut mine into individual slices after the initial freeze, and wrapped each one individually for easier access.
After eating several pieces as breakfast or dessert, I used a few pieces to make delicious smoothies. One slice of cheesecake+almond milk=smoothie!
*Post contains affiliate links.